Hello everyone and welcome back to my blog!
In today’s world and all that we have going for ourselves, it is so hard to forget about self care. As a mother, I am always concerned with my child and making sure that I am giving him the best life ever. As a wife, I am always making sure that my husband knows that I have his back in everything we go through.
But as a woman and a human being, I realized how important self care is and why I need to make it a priority in my life. Self care is vital for our mental, emotional, and physical well being. It aides to help maintaining a healthy relationship with yourself and helps to boot confidence and self esteem. Self care also promotes positive feelings. And who doesn’t love feeling positive and ready to take on whatever is coming your way?!
I know that everyone is busy and that is probably the number one reason why many of us neglect to take care of our selves. I have learned why self care is important and would love to share them with your all.
Why is self care important?
- Self care reduces stress – Not only does it reduces stress but the negative effects that stress may cause
- Self care help you refocus – By taking a break and refocusing helps you to take on task with a new and fresh outlook.
- Your happiness depends on it – Indulging in a few self care activities will help you to relax and focus on positive things. That will ultimately make you feel happier.
What are some self care activities?
- Going to the gym. Working on your physical health is a great way to indulge in self care. I always feel better after coming home from the gym.
- Get a massage. There is nothing that says self care more than getting a nice relaxing massage.
- Go shopping for yourself. When you are busy making sure that everyone around you is well taking care of, buying yourself something will definitely make you feel better.
Self care is so important and should be something that we all make a habit out of. I am scheduling my “me time” each week this year and sticking to it. I encourage you all to do the same. Self care is not just important, IT IS CRUCIAL!
I would love to hear what you all are doing about self care, comment below and lets start a conversation!
Make sure to friend me on Instagram _lifewithlatoya_.
Until next time…stay positive!