Hello guys and welcome back to my blog!
If you follow me on Instagram, then most of you already know that recently my husband and I decided to pack up the little and travel to Georgia from Indiana by car. Yes, you read correctly!! We took a ride trip with a one year old.
To my surprise, the 16 hours that we spent on the road was not at all what I expected. My son spent the majority of the time sleep. I had packed snacks and over did it when it came to packing things to entertain him with. I know that every time I travel with him won’t be like this, so I want to share with you guys some tips that helped me survive road tripping with my son.
Some helpful tips…
- Dress Comfortably: I dressed my son in very comfortable clothes. This allowed for him to be comfortable and relax throughout the whole car ride.
- Snacks: For obvious reasons lol.
- New Toys: I opted to bring new toys in this road trip. I found that with new toys my son will play with them longer because it’s something new to explore.
- Car Changing Station: If your child is still in diapers, this is a must. Making sure that you have a comfortable/safe place to change the littlest will make the road trip go smoothly.
- Plan Ahead & Be Prepared: What I mean by this it to make to plan ahead and be prepared for anything. I packed a car kit with all the things I felt was necessary for our road trip. Extra diapers, extra clothes, wet wipes, and other things. I didn’t have to use any of those thing but knowing that I was overly prepared put my mind at ease.
Comment down below any tips you have for traveling with a toddler.
Until next time… stay positive!