Hello guys! Welcome back to my blog! Since my last collab with Theresa was such a great success, I teamed up with her again to bring you all another great collab. So just like last time, please make sure to check out her post here
I know that I am not the only woman that is married or have kid(s) and is busy, busy, busy, doing all of the things for everyone and not one thing for ourselves. Let me just say this… I love being a wife and mom and taking care of my family but what I don’t want to do is lose myself in the process. What I mean by this is that I always want to maintain my personal identity aside from being a wife and mom.
It’s so hard to get wrapped up in those roles, that we as women often forget who we are personally. There are things that you can do that will help you to avoid losing your personal identity in a relationship and in motherhood. I’m not saying go out and do things that would jeopardize any of the two but I am encouraging you all to be the best you and to not lose yourself.
Keeping Your Identity in Motherhood
- Share with your kid(s) who you are as a person. Show them what you are passionate about and if you can, get them involved in what you love to do.
- Surround yourself with a great support group. This can include a group of ladies who are mothers that don’t mind having kid free fun from time to time. It’s really important to do things separate from your kids so that you can get that much needed time to have fun.
- Take breaks when needed, as often as they are needed to recharge. We are all humans and we, especially as mothers, need times where we can just relax and breathe.
Keeping Your Identity in Marriage
- Continue to chase whatever dreams you had/have before you became a wife. It’s very important to have something that is for you and to have your own accomplishments within your marriage for you two to celebrate together.
- Have days where you go and do things without your spouse that you love doing. I love exploring bookstores/libraries and then coming home and telling/showing my husband about my finds. I’m a bookworm, that’s my thing and I make time for it.
- Know and/or learn your personality. Take time to learn things about yourself that you can share with your spouse. I learn new things about myself everyday and I love them all.
Comment below and share with me how you keep your identity in both marriage & motherhood.
Until next time…stay positive!