Hello guys and welcome back to my blog.
As many of you know, my family recently traveled by plane with our one year old son. This was his first time flying and I must say that he did a great job. I want to share with you all some tips that you can use while flying with your little(s). These are just some of the things that I did (and some I wished I had done) to make sure that his experience was a great one.
- Headphones: I must say that headphones are a lifesaver. My son literally watched Spongebob Squarepants movie the entire time we was on the plane. This is a great way to keep your child occupied and focused.
- Snacks: I packed my backpack with some snacks that my son loved. I mean, how can you not bring snacks. Lol.
- Book Nonstop Flight: This worked wonders for me because it allowed for my son to take a short nap without being interrupted.
- Security: I suggest bringing a light umbrella stroller to help with long security lines. Unfortunately, I didn’t bring one on this trip and I instantly regretted it. I had to hold my child in my arms the entire time we were going through security. Lessoned learned.
- Keep it Simple: I boarded the plane with only a backpack, iPhone and headphones for my toddler and it made for a great flight. He wasn’t fussy or antsy at all. I believe that it was no need to bring too much onboard because we wasn’t going to be there that long and my child was pretty much occupied with his movie.
Although I was a little nervous at first, this was a great experience for my entire family and we learned a lot along the way.
Comment below and share with me any tips you may have for traveling with children.
Until next time… stay positive!