Self care is very important. Not only is it important for moms but for everyone. As a mom, it can be a bit more difficult to set aside the necessary time to cater to ourselves. We, as moms, are always putting others before ourselves. We get so caught up in the hustle and bustle of everyday family life that it is very easy to put self care on the back burner.
As a stay at home mom, I know first hand how self care can easily slip to the back of my mind. I can go weeks just solely focusing on my son and the care of my family and not taking time to do anything for myself. This year, I made a vow to myself to do more self care activities. I have found that dedicating one day a week to self care gives me a chance to not only solely focused on myself, but also give me a chance to recharge and relax.
Below I have included 5 self care ideas that I have found to work best for me as a stay at home mom.
- Get out the house. Getting out of the house alone is something that many stay at home moms don’t get to do often. It doesn’t matter where you go. Just use the time to go somewhere by yourself and enjoy the time alone.
- Spend time with friends. As a stay at home mom, the majority of our day is spent having conversations and doing many thing with our children. Going out with friends and have some adult conversations is a really good self care activity.
- Writing. Whether it’s writing in a journal or just simple jotting down your goals. Life is always changing and it’s good to have your goals written down. Also, journaling about your days as a stay at home parent gives you something to look back on when your children are older.
- Pick up a new hobby. It’s always nice to have something that you can do outside of your kids & spouse. Mine is writing and blogging. Some hobby ideas would be painting, gardening, crafting, etc.
- Do nothing! That’s right, do nothing. Sometimes as a stay at home mom the days are long and can get rough so it can be a hassle to actually do something outside of taking care of your family. Finding a quiet spot, closing your eyes, and doing absolutely nothing is sometimes all we need to re-energize and refocus.
There is no way that we can properly care for others if we do not care for ourselves first. Self care allows you to give your family the best version of you possible. Remember these self care ideas the next time you have a moment to yourself.
Comment below and share with me some of your self care tips.
See you in my next post!