Hey y’all heyyy!
On November 27th, I turned 30!! I’m so blessed to be entering my 30s and I look forward to what’s to come. My 20s have been filled with many good times and some not so good. But I can not complain about anything in my life because I’ve learned some pretty important life lessons along the way.
Everything, thus far, in my life has made me the woman I am today and I’m going to take everything I’ve learned up until this point and apply it to me life moving forward.
10 Lessons My 20s Taught Me
- It’s okay to not be okay – I have learned that there will be times in my life where I am not happy with how things are going but that’s OKAY. I have learned to feel my feelings and to not try to hide them but to also not dwell on them either. GROW through what I’m going through, focus on the positives and keep it moving.
- Self care is important – My 20s has taught me that is it perfectly fine and absolutely necessary to take time for myself as often as I needed it. Especially being a wife and a mom, I’ve learned that I can’t take care of them properly if I haven’t taken care of me!
- Ask for help when needed – Growing up I would always want to do these by myself and not ask for help. My husband has taught me that it’s okay to ask for help and that doesn’t makes me less of a person for doing so either!
- Live in the moment – I have to say that this year has taught me to live in the moment the most! I’ve learned to take time and enjoy the many blessings God has blessed me and my family with more often then ever.
- Don’t worry about what anyone thinks – If you waste time worrying about what others think are you even living?? No!
- Peace of mind is everything! – I will not let anyone or anything disrupt my peace of mind. When you have a peace of mind life just flows a bit better.
- How to say “NO” without apologizing for it – I’ve learned that saying “NO” is a sentence and doesn’t need any kind of explanation.
- Time waits for no one – I know that I’ve said this many times in previous post but this is something that I have learned in my 20s. Times goes by so fast that you can miss out on important things without noticing it. This has taught me to live life how I see fit and to not wait on anyone to do so.
- Take breaks when necessary – My 20s has taught me that it’s okay to take breaks from working in a goal when it get frustrating. Let’s face when your working hard towards a goal everything that you do won’t work in your favor. This is where I’ve learned to take breaks and come back when I’ve come up when a different game plan. This has made reaching my goals more successful for me in the end.
- My happiness is my responsibility – This is probably this biggest thing I’ve learned in my 20s. My happiness is my responsibility. The moment I learned that I can not attach my happiness to a person, place, or thing is the exact moment that my life changed for the better!
I believe that all of these lessons have made me a much better person. They have made me the wonderful, intelligent, caring, goofy, loving, bomb ass woman I am today! To be completely honest, I wouldn’t change a thing. I will take everything I have learned in these past years and apply them as I continue on this journey called life.
What is something that life has taught you! Comment your thoughts below!
Peace & love